Sammie is the second of our 'Basic Series' locomotives. Though freelance in design, he is styled after the many small to
medium sized saddle tank locomotives from such builders as Baldwin and Porter .
Personalise it to your own requirements with the aditional parts and accessories available.
Specification for basic model is :-
*NOTE* Insulated wheels are not available on this model and a gas filling adaptor is required..
- 0-4-0 inside framed chassis with double acting slide valve cylinders operated by slip eccentric valve gear (see FAQ's).
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are:- steam regulator, safety valve, displacement lubricator and gas regulator.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are:- length 265mm over buffers, width 118mm, height 145mm, weight 2.1Kg.
- Supplied only in black livery with silver grey smokebox and red oxide roof.
- 32mm or 45mm gauge (non adjustable) please state when ordering.
To further enhance and customise your 'Sammie', we offer the following accessory packs for you to fit yourself.
These come with all necessary parts and full instructions (except for the r/c fittings kit which does not include the radio control equipment).
- Pressure gauge with syphon.
- Water top up system (including water gauge).
- Radio control fittings kit.
- Clip on cylinder covers.
- Dummy slide bar and crosshead for cylinders.(as Lady Anne)
- Dummy slide bar, crosshead, combination lever and union link for cylinders. (as Darjeeling 'B' class)
For further details on some of these add on parts, goto our Enhancements page.
'Sammie' from the front.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 1999 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd.