'Lilla' was designed and built in 1891 by the Hunslet Engine Company for use on the Cilgwyn Slate Co Quarry at Nantlle before moving on to the Penrhyn Quarry in 1928. After being restored by Bernard Latham in 1963 she was first displayed at the Winter Garden Railway in Hertfordshire in 1972, then at the Kew Bridge Steam Museum in 1987 and then on the Bala Lake Railway in 1991. She eventually found her way onto the renowned Ffestinog railway in 1993 and is still in active use to this day.
Technical specifications for 'Lilla'.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with double acting slide valve cylinders operated using ROUNDHOUSE inside valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Water top-up system and water gauge as standard.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge,
displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 284mm over buffers, width 103mm, height 146mm.
- Weight - 2.9kg (with R/C fitted)
- Featuring glazed cab windows.
- Available in either Manual or (2.4 GHz) Radio Control.
- Rechargeable battery pack and charger supplied.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.
- Click on the images below to view a larger image.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 1999 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd