Katie is of typical narrow gauge saddle tank locomotive design. Though not a model of any particular engine, she draws inspiration and features from a number of famous builders like Hunslet, Bagnall and Pecket etc.
Technical specifications for 'Katie'.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 280mm over buffers, width 125mm, height 155mm, weight 2.9 Kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour. Pictured here in Blue.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
Katie in alternative colours, click on picture for a larger image.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 2000 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd.