Jack was originally introduced into the Roundhouse range in 1990 on a new 0-4-0 Walschaerts valve geared chassis. He proved to be a very popular model, and the chassis became a standard design that was later used on several other models. Production was discontinued in 1998 when he was replaced by Katie.
Although freelance in design, he has that generic saddle tank look and borrows features from a number of British locomotive builders.
We have received many requests to re-introduce Jack and have decided to manufacture a short run in 2010. The run will be limited to just 100 models.
We want to keep the new model, as far as possible, just as the original design. However, the following changes will be made.
Each model will carry an extra brass number plate as well as its standard serial number stating it's position in the run e.g. 01/100 and will also have a commemorative certificate.
- The batteries will be re-positioned for ease of access.
- The dummy axle springs will be laser cut with the frame instead of separate castings.
- The gas tank filler hole in the cab roof will be removed for aesthetic reasons.
- Buffer beam overlays and cylinder cladding will be fitted in line with other current models.
Once the 100 models have been sold, no more Jacks will be produced.
Technical specifications for 'Jack'.
- 0-4-0 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge,
displacement lubricator, gas regulator and reversing gear.
- Dimensions are :- length 280mm, width 125mm, height 165mm, weight 2.9Kg (with r/c).
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- The wheels are adjustable between 32mm and 45mm gauge.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 2009 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd