In 1913 two 4-6-2 'Pacific' style locomotives were ordered from the North British Locomotive Company in Glasgow for the use on the 70 mile Kishenganji branch of the DHR. Intially numbered 37 & 38, these locos saw extensive use on this branch line and were largely unmodified throughout their lifetime. After Indian independence in 1947 moves were made to replace the branch line with metre gauge track and by 1950 the 'Pacifics' were relegated to working the section between Siliguri and Sukna; unsuited as they were to the curves and gradients on the rest of the DHR. They were numbered 807 and 808 by Indian Railways from this point. By 1969 both locos were laid up at the New Jalpaiguri shed until being rescued for preservation as static exhibits.
Radio control - £3410.00
The cost of the loco is based on the price list at point of completion.
Roundhouse Engineering Co. Ltd., Doncaster, UK. 2018. Click Here To Return To The Homepage