This is a model of works number 6 built in 1952 by the Bundaberg foundry for the Millaquin Mill in Queensland, Australia.
In its later years it became known as 'Speedy' operating on the Ballyhooley steam railway (Mossman) transporting tourists around the Port Douglas area.
Technical specifications for 'Bundaberg'.
- 0-6-2 outside framed chassis with two double acting slide valve cylinders operated by simplified Walschaerts type valve gear.
- Exhaust enhancer.
- Cab glazing.
- Internal gas firing using the ROUNDHOUSE 'FG' gas system.
- Controls fitted as standard are :- steam regulator, safety valve, pressure gauge, displacement lubricator, gas regulator, reversing gear water gauge and water topup valve.
- Dimensions (loading gauge) are :- length 322mm over buffers, width 123mm, height 165mm, weight 4.1 Kg.
- Full radio control is available for both regulator and reversing valve gear.
- Available in any standard ROUNDHOUSE colour. Pictured here in Yellow and below in Deep Brunswick Green.
- Also available with the a standard Fowler chimney and also black frames if required.
Click on a thumbnail to view an alternative livery.
- A gauge conversion kit is available separately to allow changing between 32mm and 45mm gauge. Please state gauge when ordering.
- Also available with insulated wheels.
Return to top of page
If you arrived at this page directly from a search engine or a link from another web site, please CLICK HERE to go to the full ROUNDHOUSE web site.
© 2001 Roundhouse Eng. Co. Ltd.